Good morning, neighbors. Karena Garrity here with your Saturday edition of the Myrtle Beach Patch newsletter, full of all the community information you need to know right now. In today’s issue, you’ll find updates on…
- Celebrate Surfside Beach this weekend.
- A pup in need.
- Fentanyl laced liquid Advil pills found.
But first, an exciting local announcement from our sponsor:
Would you love to move to a new home, but worried about finding the right one for you? You know your home will sell right away. And, when homes do hit the market there are packed open houses, multiple offers, over market value, waived inspections and appraisals. But what if there was another way? Val Lyons with CBRE can help. You tell Val what you’re looking for, and she’ll invest her marketing dollars and time to find you Pre-MLS and private sale opportunities. Contact Val Lyons with Carolina Bays Real Estate today or call 774-259-8937. No obligation, no cost — what do you have to lose?
And now, today’s weather:
Sunny and pleasant. High: 82 Low: 68.
Here are the top stories in Myrtle Beach today:
- The Celebrate Surfside Beach Festival is being held today,Saturday, Sept. 16, from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. There will be music, food and an opportunity to support local charities. In addition, the Surfside Beach Fire Department will have their fire truck on display for the kids and there will be several other activities going on. Please be aware that 3rd Avenue South, Poplar Drive South, and Floral Drive South roads will be closed to accomodate the festival. (wpde.com)
- Do you have room in your heart and your home to adopt or foster a pup in need? All About Animals Rescue in Myrtle Beach recently rescued sweet pup Isiah. He was found with several old and new wounds, including a swollen face and jaw. According to wpde.com, “All About Animals said they will never know exactly what happened to Isiah, but he is on a new path and promises to make sure he is loved and never suffers mistreatment again. Isiah weighs about 35 pounds and is under a year old. To fill out a foster application, click here.“(wpde.com)
- Fentanyl laced liquid Advil pill were found during a traffic stop recently in North Myrtle Beach. According to WMBF, “North Myrtle Beach Police arrested Zuri Keche Phifer for trafficking fentanyl. A police report said during a traffic stop an officer smelled marijuana, which prompted a search of the car. The report said during the search, police found several pills, a blue powder, and three liquid Advil pills. The Advil pills tested positive for fentanyl.” (WMBF)
Interested in reaching our local readers with targeted messaging that drives traffic to your business? I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our readers to local businesses they need to know. If that’s you, then I invite you to learn more and secure your spot now.
Today in Myrtle Beach:
Saturday, September 16
- Authors Caleb Wygal and Kelly Capriotti Burton at the 2023 Celebrate Surfside Festival (10:00 AM)
- Fall Vendor & Craft Fair (11:00 AM)
- CORKtoberfest (12:00 PM)
- The Carolina Opry (7:00 PM)
- Comedy Hypnosis Hour (9:15 PM)
Myrtle Beach Photo Of The Day:
From my notebook:
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans: “Pelicans force a Game Three! Facing elimination, Kevin Valdez struck out nine in relief on the way to a Birds W! The winner-take-all Game Three starts on Friday at 7:05 at Pelicans Ballpark.” (Myrtle Beach Pelicans via Facebook)
- North Myrtle Beach Police: “Please welcome a new addition to the NMBPD family, Officer Vinnie Taggart. On Tuesday, he was sworn in by Chief Crowell amongst his immediate family and fellow officers. Welcome aboard, Officer Taggart!” (North Myrtle Beach Police via Facebook)
- North Myrtle Beach, SC: “Get ready for the Irish-Italian International Festival at the end of this month! Link to blog in bio. 🇮🇪 🇮🇹” (North Myrtle Beach, SC via Instagram)
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans: “Game 3 is set. See you there!” (Myrtle Beach Pelicans via Facebook)
- The Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach: “Lost dog: Taco, a 2 year old neutered male, has been missing from near the Bar Harbor Hotel in Myrtle Beach since 07-11-23. Taco is microchipped. If you have information on Taco’s location, please call Jessica at 843-778-2205.” (The Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach via Facebook)
You’re all caught up for today. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with another update!
— Karena Garrity
About me: Journalism is in my veins. I have been a community reporter for the better part of the past 20 years. I love my community and I am honored to be a part of Patch.com. You can reach me at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Myrtle Beach Patch newsletter? Contact me at email@example.com